Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Goodbye Mainstream Market

Mainstream is boring

That is why I recently purchased a Smartphone from Huawei. The Honor 6 Plus. How it came to it? I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 before, but I never liked the Software.

Samsung Issues

So I changed to a different ROM - rooted my device. A couple of days after it fell to the Ground, got a crack on the screen. A few days after that, my Phone began showing me that my SIM Card had been Removed. Since Samsung implemented Samsung KNOX and the Warranty-Void, I had no choice. I had an Insurance for the Phone and I went to a Phone repair Store called RepairExpress. They told me it takes one day to replace. I gave them the Phone and told them to replace the Screen and the SIM-SD-Reader. I got the Info on XDA. Replaced both - still had problems though. Even as the guy told me everything was fine with his SIM card. I had a MyWallet NFC SIM-Card which never worked as advertised so I went to my Carrier's Store told them to replace my SIM card. They gave me a new Micro-SIM 3FF and I noticed that it was slightly larger as the "broken" Card. But it worked. I walked out of the Store to take my Train home. I always put my phone on my Table - so it was untouched at all the Time. I wanted to check my WhatsApp Messages - guess what happend? Screen told "SIM Card Removed. Touch 'OK' to reboot". I was seethe with anger at my phone. Why was it doing that??? I had to stick with the Problem from 2013 over to 2014. At some day it stopped for around 1-2 Months.

Samsung KNOX Warranty burn

Many Websites reported about an "E-Fuse" which would "burn" if it is tripped. BURN? BURN like FIRE? Huh? I never knew that - but what Samsung did was the wrongest thing they did. I never want Samsung Devices anymore. Because of my own experience.
Source: My Personal Experience

How I came to Huawei

I wanted to be free of these things. Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Nokia, Apple - I don't like it. I wanted a phone which is reliable. Which gives me the Specs they tell. Samsung Says: 16GB. I got: 6 or 7GB. Well, It is because the ROM is using some of the Space. But 6-7 GB? Bloatware all around? Non-removable Additional Software no-one uses? Samsung Wallet for Flight tickets only? Huh?

I researched the Internet. A phone with at least 3GB RAM. And 32GB ROM. And NFC. And IR. And less Software. Some of my Choices:
  1. Meizu MX 4 Pro
    • Rare
    • LTE
    • 5.5" Display
    • 16/32/64GB internal Memory
    • NFC
    • 20MP Camera
    • 3GB RAM
    • Micro SD Slot
    • IR-Port
  2. Iuni U3
    • Rare
    • LTE
    • 5.5" Display
    • 32GB internal Memory
    • 12MP Camera
    • 3GB RAM
    • NFC
    • Micro SD Slot
    • IR Port(?)
  3. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    • Rare
    • LTE
    • 5.5" Display
    • 8GB internal Memory
    • 13MP Camera
    • Micro SD Slot
    • NFC
    • IR-Port
  4. Xiaomi Mi 4
    • Rare
    • LTE
    • 5.0" Display
    • 16/64GB internal Memory
    • 13MP Camera
    • Micro SD Slot
    • NFC
    • IR-Port
As you can see: none of the above is perfect for me. But then I saw the Honor 6 Plus. My thoughts was: It's Dual-SIM and I never use a second SIM card. But this phone uses the second Card slot for Micro-SD Cards. So my Choice is the Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
  1. Huawei Honor 6 Plus
    • LTE
    • 5.5" Display
    • 32GB internal Memory
    • 8MP Camera (Dual-Focus)
    • Micro SD Slot
    • NFC
    • IR-Port
    • 3GB RAM
    • 4+4 Core Processor (Kirin 925)
I have chosen this Device and I must say: it's pretty. The Lollipop-Update is coming in July, the Phone is reliable, no crashes. The only Problem is, that the DB-Navigator is crashing. But it is a really small Problem.

~JP

No comments:

Post a Comment