Samsung Galaxy S4: How-to disable apps

Samsung Galaxy S4

Well, I've spent a lot of money on my new Smartphone. After I turned it on and updated the phone, I've noticed some ad-apps, who are annoying and filling the ROM of the device. In this Article I want to tell you exactly, how you can disable unwanted software. The first thing what you should know is, that you do it on your own risk. I have done this and my device is running perfectly. First of all, make sure, you've updated your phone to the newest Firmware.To do this go to Settings->More->about device->Software update and tick "update". After the restart, your phone will tell you that it adds "Apps". Those apps pushing services like GMX-mail, HRS-Hotels and more. Here's how you can get rid of them. Go to Settings->More->Application-Manager and swipe from right to the left on the screen until you see "All" on the top.

You'll see this Screen, which shows your Apps. Here is a list of apps, I've disabled:
  • ChatON
  • Com2uSPoker
  • Dropbox
  • DropboxOOBE
  • Flipboard
  • Google Play Music
  • Match3VS
  • S health
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Apps Widget
  • Samsung Backup provider
  • Samsung Books
  • Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Cloud Data Relay
  • Samsung Cloud Quota
  • Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Games
  • Samsung Link
  • Samsung Music
  • Story Album
  • Story Album Widget
  • Trip Advisor
  • Yahoo! Finance
  • Yahoo! News
Without these Apps enabled in the Background (Services) the phone runs smoother and the Battery holds longer. But keep in mind: after a software update the apps may be activated again. But don't panic: just disable them again.

(Update: lost the Screenshot and the Photo of the Phone)

Comments

  1. Hi, very interesting post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page ? Please email me back. Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts